In these series, I share a quick dose of wisdom in the hopes of inspiring and motivating you in your journey to achieving your goals and creating a life that you love. This is an excerpt from the weekly Love Letters I send to my mailing list, so make sure to subscribe if you want to receive the full letter in your inbox!
I’ve been recently being a lot more mindful of my energy and making sure that I give myself the time and space to rest, to do things for myself, and to be in the quiet with my thoughts and emotions. And it has been really empowering.
If you find yourself being busy all the time and living a hectic life, I want you to reflect on the following:
- Why do I keep busy? What need am I trying to fulfill?
- Am I keeping busy to ignore something (emotions, an experience, reality)?
- Am I keeping busy to fill a void? To feel worthy of [love/attention/success]?
- What would happen if I wasn’t busy? How would I feel? What would I experience?
- What am I afraid of facing in the quiet moments, when there isn’t anything to do?
If you keep your schedule packed and busy all the time, I want to encourage you to pause and reflect on the above questions to make sure that you are not keeping busy for the sake of it – that you are not distracting yourself from living a happier and more meaningful life.
Ultimately, I hope that you can recognize your inherent worth and value isn’t based on how much you accomplish in a day. Instead, I want to remind you that you are worthy of love, self-love, success and happiness simply for just being alive… and for simply being you.